For C-Level Business of Law Professionals.
This group bring's together law firm C-suite professionals to discuss trends and best practices in delivering value both internally to the law firm and externally to the client. As with the other TVPi cohorts, the Business of Law Cohort will gather virtually over the next several months to discuss critical business continuation topics. With the changing socioeconomic situation, there will be a focus on the business of law in the post-COVID-19 environment as well as more normal best practices around value achievement.
Topics that may be discussed include but are not limited to:
- The new normal after COVID-19—maintaining market position in a changed global economy
- Disruption brings opportunity—the wave of change sweeping the sector
- Leading change and driving innovation when making a difference matters
- The conversations you should have with clients to work together to enhance value delivery
- Realigning operations to the post-COVID-19 environment
- Getting ahead in data and AI to drive competitive advantage
- The new value dimension—preparing for possible lower demand and price pressure; selling services when buyers have the price pendulum
- Restructuring under pressure—redesign decreased business areas into profit stabilization and practice power-alleys into profit rocketsUsing legal project management to deliver greater efficiency and bond closer with clients
The cohort is designed to develop the participants into true business of law experts as we cross-pollinate our individual specialty experience across our multiple disciplines into collective group knowledge – thus becoming Super Value Producers for our respective law firms. Ultimately, we will create a piece of industry-leading thought leadership that all participants can use to showcase their top-of-line thinking in a time of business crisis.
Led by a unique collection of industry veterans with specialties ranging from data science and practice management to pricing and marketing, the institute will also engage leading industry experts who have taught at Harvard, George Washington University, London School of Economics and Cambridge University to add depth to the conversation.
Participation in the cohort is by invitation only and has limited seat capacity to ensure there is deep dialogue and learning. There is no cost to join this dynamic, industry-leading discussion.
Strategy: How to best help General Counsel meet company goals; how to make the shift from tactical to strategic support; how to provide proactive support; and how to identify what obstacles exist for providing better services without going over budget.
Performance Management: Finding ways to help firms achieve their goals while ensuring performance management; identifying or developing an industry standard for performance management; and defining metrics and their related meaning.
Reporting and Analytics: Sharing how people use data in a predictive manner, sharing what reports people are using and how they are using them (e.g., insights that they provide, frequency, target audiences, identification of savings opportunities).
Business of Law Cohort Leadership
Haynes & Boone LLP
Chief Marketing Officer
Mary Ellen DeWinter
Winston & Strawn
Head of Data Strategy, AI & Analytics
Next Cohort Call
Dial-in to be circulated to meeting registrants.
See full schedule of upcoming calls here.
Members can also access a library of past calls here.